- Why do we blow shofar in Elul? Should a woman make an effort to hear it? Shofar in Elul
- What is the mitzva of shofar? Are women obligated in it? What are the practical halachot involved? The Mitzva of Shofar
- Who blows shofar for whom? Blowing Shofar
- What is the nature of the mitzva to count the omer? Are women obligated? How do the customs of this time period apply to women? Sefirat Ha-omer
- What is the source of the custom to stay up late to learn Torah on Shavuot? Does it apply to women? Tikkun Leil Shavuot
Read on to see what we’re planning for this section of the site–and let us know if you have a topic to suggest.
Subscribe here for updates as we post new material!
What are women’s obligations at Shabbat’s entrance and exit, and in between?
What makes Rosh Chodesh a woman’s holiday? How is it observed?
Each of the major festivals and the High Holidays has time bound mitzvot that grant it flavor and significance. When are women obligated, and when not? How do these exemptions and obligations affect the experience of each holiday?
Chanuka and Purim
From Chanuka candles to Megilla reading and beyond, what are women’s practical obligations on the rabbinic holidays of Chanuka and Purim?
Days of Fasting or Mourning
The three weeks and fast days are periods of affliction or mourning practices. To what extent do these practices apply to women?
Do modern observances of Israeli holidays differ for men and women?